Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fifteen Fun Facts: Kathleen Ernst

This week, Midnight Ink presents Fifteen Fun Facts about Kathleen Ernst, author of the Chloe Ellefson mysteries. Her latest, Death on the Prairie, was released earlier this month.

1. I wrote my first novel 20 years before I sold a novel to a publisher.
2. I’ve been a vegetarian for over 40 years.
3. I also know how to turn hog intestines inside-out with a knitting needle to make sausage casings.
4. My husband and I got married twice:  once in my sister’s back yard, and once wearing 1860s attire in an old church, surrounded by reenacting friends.
5. Once I won a blue ribbon in a Jack-and-Jill crosscut saw competition.


6. After graduating from college, I went backpacking for 2 months on the Appalachian Trail.
7. I love amphibians.
8. My vegetable garden generally has a jungle-like appearance because I hate to thin or top anything.
9. I am a middle child, which explains a lot.
10. I do not Tweet.  Ever.
11. Several times a year, I go on writing retreats with my cat.  I once spent a week in a cabin with only a small woodstove for heat while the outside temp dipped to -20.  And got a lot of writing done.


12. For ten years, before becoming a full-time book writer, I developed and scripted instructional video programs for public television.
13. I would rather drive from coast to coast than spend half an hour driving in a congested urban area.
14.  Years ago, when  my husband developed my first website, I refused to let him post a photograph of me.  Yes, I got past that.
15. I’m a pretty good writer, but still cannot find the words to adequately express my gratitude to all of the readers, editors, family members, etc. who make it possible for me to do what I love! 

Death on the Prairie is available online and in bookstores now!


Midnight Ink | Indiebound | Barnes & Noble | Amazon | Your local bookstore

2 comments:

holdenj said...

Well, I definitely learned things I didn't know! Excited to read the new release!

Mama Hen said...

Love these facts. Such an interesting life!